These are the E. coli results for the water samples that were collected yesterday, Thursday, June 18, 2020.
Several of the sites had elevated E. coli levels. At the following sites the E. Coli levels exceeded the previous instantaneous Virginia water quality standard threshold of 235 E. Coli CFUs per 100ml of sample for primary recreational contact:
- 461.1 MPN E. coli – Shenandoah River at the Route 7 public boat launch in Clarke County VA
- 1203.3 MPN E. coli – Shenandoah River at Morgan Ford low water bridge along the bank of the public boat landing in Warren County
- 1732.9 MPN E. coli – Manassas Run upstream of the confluence with the Shenandoah River at Morgan Ford low water bridge in Warren County
- 980.4 MPN E. coli – Manassas Run at Dismal Hollow Road and Gore Road
- 290.9 MPN E. coli – South Fork of the Shenandoah River at Front Royal public boat landing off Luray Ave in Warren County
- 579.4 MPN E. coli – South Fork of the Shenandoah River at relocated Salem/White House public boat landing on west side of river/river left in Page County
- 920.8 MPN E. coli – North Fork of the Shenandoah River below Meems Bottom covered bridge in Mt. Jackson, Shenandoah County
In a freshwater system, these data represent a snapshot of the water quality on the date, time, and under the conditions that the water sample was collected.